Poor Red-tailed ...I just could not resist myself, for the temptation was so great, and I kept messing with the timing of the hunt. After getting these few images, I gave the beauty a break so it could catch a meal before nightfall. It was so thrilling getting these because I had just about given up to head home when it came out of nowhere and I followed it to a few perches before grabbing these~





Wow excellent flight shots, the light is exquisite!
ReplyDeleteLovelly set of images, love how he looks over his shoulder on the second one ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and blog. You stalk the hawks a lot like I stalk the owls. Great Grays will fly from perch to perch and I try to get brush between me and them to get close enough for a good photo.
ReplyDeleteGreat captures Mary.
ReplyDeleteCostas
It's such a joy to watch the raptors. He seems to be eyeing you in the second shot. I was lucky enough to catch a red-shouldered hawk with my camera recently.
ReplyDeleteCracking shots Mary. I think you really captured the power and strength of the bird in flight with some of those shots.
ReplyDeleteMary, you must have been in heaven. I can hear the excitement in your voice. Beautiful, so very beautiful, and I bet he was saying, "here's looking at you kid". ;)
ReplyDelete