Ok, so I know that I have some Green Frog images here. What I do not know for certain is the species of Dragonfly this is. I looked up KY dragonflies and the closest that I could come was a Baskettail Dragonfly, but not this colour, or as slender. I then googled the colouration and came up with an Eastern Pondhawk Dragonfly. Thus... your guess, or knowledge of the appropriate name would be greatly appreciated~
Lovely shots. Particularly like the third one. Great colours...
ReplyDeleteHi Mary. From the images I looked at on
ReplyDeletehttp://bugguide.net/node/view/15740
this would appear to be a female Eastern Pondhawk but I don't know if there are any similar species in the US. FAB.
I have no idea what they are as I am not really into insects or frogs.
ReplyDeleteI was gone for three weeks because I got into a wrestling match with some poison ivy and lost. Hospital, shots and more lotions than I every care to cover my body from head to toe did little to stop the itching. Now I know what hell will be like and I have no desire to go there.
Hopefully I am back. But no promises.
Great captures Mary.
ReplyDeleteCostas
A nice dragon Mary. Such a good picture I looked it up too and I think you are correct with your id of Eastern or Common Pondhawk - the male is blue but the female green. Keep snapping.
ReplyDeleteSo many lovely photos and I find your blog interesting! :) Greetings Viola in Norway.
ReplyDelete