It is hard to believe that on September 5, it shall have been 2 months since the young one took it's first flight. For several weeks it has pretty much stayed a good five to six acres away, coming my way only for a quick dash and look-see and then a mad flight back to where the adults come to feed it. The past two weeks however, I am hearing it from all directions including soaring high above the grove. It is always so exciting watching them thrive and begin their hunting skills. I watched the juvie for a very long time, until the Mosquitos just about did me in ( and that is with the full use of Cutter spray, I might add...urghhh) the other day, and as the images will show, it is looking simply said, marvelous~
Mary, There is nothing quite like a young bird in its immaculate juvenile feathering, a joy to behold as you have shown us.
ReplyDeleteA great bird Mary.. becoming a beautiful adult.
ReplyDeleteCostas