Urghhh, sorry to start it out this way, but I think that I may have most assuredly had my camera on the wrong setting when I took these. I was snapping away so quickly and it was not until I loaded them up that I saw they were not as sharp as they could have been. These birds are such striking songbirds and this was only the second time I have ever seen them. Yesterday, while taking my early morning walk, there were lots of birds flying to and from this one large tree. As I got closer, I realized that were Cedar Waxwings and it was great because I walk here often now and can anticipate more encounters~
Beautiful birds. Great photographs.
ReplyDeleteCostas
A very interesting looking bird! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow gorgeous Mary. I've seen the bohemian waxwing twice, once in Finland during a trip there and few days later on in Iceland. I've not seen them for two years now and I miss that. That's one of my favorite bird. You set of pictures is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteMary, Dont worry about it, I often have the camera on a setting from my previous efforts and just dive in without checking. Sometimes it has even worked out fine. I like the waxwing pictures. Over here we get the Bohemian Waxwing, very similar to Cedar Waxwing but it has a call like an old trimphone, very disconcerting if you are not concentrating and end up looking around to take the call.
ReplyDelete