When I was in high school, I had to do a report on Baltimore Orioles, and found them fascinating. I have never had the pleasure of viewing them in person, until this past Tuesday. I was taking care of my grandson and was visiting him at his parents home, only nine miles from Tingsgrove. We were playing outside, when I spotted the Orioles and stood and just enjoyed them. Their colouration was splendid and they seemed to be enjoying whatever it was they were gathering from a nearby tree. A pair of them were working on a lovely intricately formed nest, which to me resembled a fishing net. They had even gathered bits of pretend grass from children's Easter baskets as well as jute twine. Once my daughter and her family came home, I was able to share with them the gift they have right in their front yard...they had never even noticed them before~
We have orioles but I've yet to see their nest. Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Orioles are such neat birds - and their nests, I think, are some of the coolest as far as bird nests go. That's great you got to watch the pair for a while - i'm glad you finally got to observe them! (ps - got your email, I'll respond soon!)
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are absolutely stunning. These are unreal. Great work in the great outdoors. I love the light shining through the wings of the hawk.
ReplyDelete