Living right in the heart of horse country USA, is quite a blessing. My favorite thing to do is to ride along the pastures and take pictures along the way. The first Thoroughbred Horse farm that I ever visited back in the mid 60's was Hermitage Farms. I actually saw Queen Elizabeth leaving Hermitage after making a purchase of a couple of their horses to take back to England one time, some twenty years later, even got a picture of her leaving with a helicopter and heavy security entourage. Hermitage has just recently been sold and I wanted to take some pictures to remember it as it has always been. The close-up horse images are from a different farm and the Pileated was busy wreaking havoc on the farmer's fence row~
Great photographs Mary. Love those beautiful horses and the woodpecker.
ReplyDeleteThank you also for your story.
Have a great weekend.
Costas
these are great shots, the second photo is striking.
ReplyDeletenice clicks
ReplyDeleteWhat a great bird!! lovely post Mary.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful horses and what a place to go riding xo
ReplyDelete