It is not often that I get to photograph a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers at the same time, especially this season of the year. The other day while raking leaves I heard their great voices and I could tell that there seemed to be more than one. I was so pleased to be able to capture a couple of images with the two of them. Pileated Woodpeckers are such great characters alone, or in pairs, or yes, even bantering back and forth with the Red-Shouldered Hawks, which they love to tease the young ones after they have left the nest, which is not always a very smart idea, though I have never seen a hawk grab one, they get very close~
Oh :) non vorrei essere al posto di questo povero albero !!!!
ReplyDeleteBellissimo con questo ciuffo rosso !
Buona serata .)
Myriam
Mary, I think the Pileated Woodpecker is the one of the birds I would just love to see most in the world and the one I regret not seeing when in NA years ago. It must be awesome having such a striking bird so close to your home and being able to see and hear them them regularly, like a friend dropping in.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Great shots Mary. As you say, they are such characters!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds and great photographs Mary.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful week.
Costas
Wow simply marvelous MAry... These shots are wowo wonderful! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, i tend to lack time to visit blogs and to keep mine up-date...
ReplyDeleteAwesome,Mary! Those really cool you got such great looks and photos of them - very nice! I see them fairly regularly, but have only managed to snag one really bad photo! I always love hearing them and then finding them, such great birds. Love the pictures!
ReplyDelete