Over and over again, I miss capturing the Red-tails just as they fly off into the wild blue yonder. Friday while taking my early morning walk there was an interesting sky to my right. I turned to focus better and right before me was a Red-tailed hawk on a branch, facing the opposite direction. Since I walk just as the sun rises, it was not a perfect time to get any wonderful images, but I really kind of liked the way these turned out anyway. You can see that as the hawk slowly turned it's head, it realizes that I am there and off it goes out into the wild blue yonder once again, making it's wonderful caheeeeee yell. I loved it~
Mary, I am laughing out loud at the series of photos as you explained them. Great capture and I can just see him doing that. That last photo is wonderful. I hope you have a great week.
ReplyDeleteRed-tailed hawks are very wary of people, I find. And they can see the minutest of movements. It's almost impossible to sneak up on them I fear, although I have been lucky now and then. :)
ReplyDeleteA beauty you have captured Mary.
ReplyDeleteCostas
Sounds like you had a great experience. I love your posts about the hawks.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Oh I loved to see them! The last photo is good, you got it! :)
ReplyDelete