I hope that I shall not ruin anyone's day by that which takes place in the hawk world, yet this is nature and I share it as it comes. As I was taking a ride home the other day, I noticed a Red-Shouldered Hawk in a field several miles from our home. It had landed on the ground and I could tell it had either just caught something, or was trying to. The hawk had a little Field Mouse and it wasted no time in killing it and then taking it for it's meal. I watched where it flew to, hoping to catch a glimpse of possibly a mate, but it ate on it's own this round~
Pretty cool you got to see that happen! Ive witnessed quite a few raptors take out animals or other birds and i cringe but hey, they gotta eat too! Nice photo series!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots again Mary...
ReplyDeleteWonderful series. It is a cool sighting of the hawk with the mouse.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous sequence! Wow I'm stunned! I'd like to get that kind of action some time!! Well done!