Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, April 26, 2019

Bald Eaglet 7 Weeks Old and a Visit to Florida~



Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after    you have read the narratives~

Look how big the darling eaglet has grown since last sharing with each of you 3 weeks ago.  The nest has gone through so many nature types of damage and the adult pair has been keeping it secure and adding to it nearly every day.  The canopy of green is certainly nice to see and also that it grows in such a way, not to disturb the amazing view we have.

Following my 4th knee surgery 5 weeks ago, I worked on getting well for a few weeks as I had already purchased a ticket to visit my youngest daughter and her husband in Florida.  I went there week before last and enjoyed the time very much, even though my toes never even touched a grain of sand.

Upon arriving back home there were several things that had immediate consumption of my time.  I had been invited to visit as guest speaker for the evening with Photo Forum Club of Louisville this past week.  I was so nervous, had a few very heart breaking things I was dealing with, but I honored my commitment just the same.  In my shares that evening I used 98 images on a sandisk folder as well as some 75+ images that I had burned to a DVD-R slideshow.  I even mentioned you all and how much you encourage me in this blogging arena.  I truly appreciate each of you.

One member of the club thought that I was just a "birding photographer."  I showed all kinds of photos that I had taken over the years, many of which have been shown on this blog. I love, love clicking the shutter at anything that comes in front of my vision ;)  That being said, while I enjoy birds and as a matter of fact they are mostly featured in this blog post, I enjoy all kinds of photographic opportunities.  The presentation was very well received and the man and woman who had invited me were very pleased and both would like me to come again sometime~

I hope that you all are doing well.  I hate being away from here for so long, and miss your posts when I am not available.
Thank you for stopping by~ 

Update, Sad Note as of Saturday 4/27/2019
the eaglet has fallen and was found deceased this morning.  I had permission to carry it's body out of the area where it was born and then hand it over to Wingspan of Kentucky.  It's body will be sent to the Federal Government for their own way of disposing protected Birds of Prey.  It's a very sad day, sad week~


I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter


Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Angie at:  
Mosaic Monday
https://tentoesinthewater.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global 
   http://communalglobal.blogspot.ca/

Stewart for:

















Once again the Red-Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and beyond took a hit.  They just cannot seem to get a break.  A Great-horned Owl took the eyas and may have gotten one of the adults the other evening~


Usually when I visit our youngest daughter Ashleigh and her husby in Florida, the larger birds have just begun nest building and brooding.  This time was awesome because many of the young had already been born and were very, very hungry.  Below are Anhingas, my very favorite Florida bird~ 


















 A few views of my daughter and husbands little secret garden ;)









This young Great Blue Heron was having it's morning brunch while we visited the Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Delray Beach one early morning~ 






















I will be sharing more of my visit to see our daughter in coming posts.  These Iguanas would bask in the sun from the deck next door to our daughter's home~











The last time we visited the wetlands, I saw a Common Bittern and this time I saw this beautiful Least Bittern, my first one ever on both species~







A pair of Green Herons were working on a nest right alongside the line where our daughters property is~




















Finally this friendly Double crested Cormorant was just chilling as we walked through the wetlands.




15 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, wonderful photos of the Eaglet. It is sad to read the update about it's deadly fall. Neat capture of the Owl. Your Anghinga photos are great. I love the Least Bittern and the Herons. The Florida birds are awesome. Those Wetlands were one of my favorite places to visit when we were there. The iguanas are cool critters. Wonderful post and photos. I hope you are doing well. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is growing so quickly. It's nice to catch up with the youngsters and see how they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad that the Eaglet died too...that is so hard! I know you were heart broken! Glad you had a visit to Florida when there are so many birds to be seen. And I enjoyed hearing about your evening as a speaker. You are amazing and it will be great if more people visit your blog and get to see your fabulous photos! Enjoy your weekend. I hope all is well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Great serie of photos! Iguana, Green Heron.. all those birds! Interesting post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, sweet anhinga babies!!
    Once again, thanks for stopping by I'd Rather B Birdin' and linking in with us birders. I appreciate your loyalty and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous photos - love the eaglet and herons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such great photos. Every pic is just beautiful, love the Eaglets and the Anghinga. Herons are always a favorite for me although I can't seem to get great photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary - that is absolutely crushing news about the eaglet. I know we can't ascribe emotions to animals, but I wonder about the parents having invested so much to see it come to naught. Your trip to Florida has certainly been fruitful. The wetlands provide such a perfect backdrop for stunning photos in your capable hands! Thanks for sharing all of this spectacular beauty with Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning crocodile & bird photos. Or do you say alligator... Your daughter has an exotic parasise. Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many lovely photos in this post! The photo of the iguana among the red flowers is particularly spectacular. I can see why the Photo Forum Club would invite you to speak!

    I’m so sorry the little eaglet didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute creatures! I'm so sorry that the eaglet didn't make it :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos. Happy mosaic Monday

    Much🌻love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gorgeous photos, Mary. So glad to see your post. I'm happy that your knee is healing. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about the eaglet. You do have wonderful photographs. Glad you share them with us. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~