Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, August 3, 2018

Triplets, Twins and Singles Aplenty & Much More~


Hi friends...here is hoping that you have been enjoying the past couple of weeks.  Maybe you thought that I was off on some big vacation...I wish that were true...it's been almost 4 years since we got to take an adventure together and I don't know if we will this season, or not.  I am hoping to get to go somewhere this Autumn before Winter sets in again, but we will just have to wait and see what happens.  I would love to hear about where your Summer has taken you and will try and catch up.  My Blog is still messed up and to tell the truth, it has really bothered me greatly knowing that for some reason things changed without my doing anything and I cannot get it back right.  Deep breaths, huge sigh ;)
The image above is my favorite fawn from last year, Muff...now all decked out in his first set of velveteen antlers...isn't he magnificent!
I hope that everyone who visits will enjoy what you see and that you are doing well.  
Have a wonderful weekend and even better week ahead~

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after    you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global 
   http://communalglobal.blogspot.ca/

Stewart for:




Here are the 3 bucks from last year as fawns and as now as yearlings.  
First is the set of twins as they look now~


The twins then and now~


This is Muff as a fawn and as he looks now~


One of the back roads that I take on my rides into town~


This Doe appeared to me the end of June following an accident.  She was hurt badly, but there was nothing that I could do for her, but make sure that she had some extra food...I feed cracked corn and alfalfa pellets.  I also have a large container that I fill with fresh water for the Deer.  Ten days after she appeared she brought with her a single fawn and now she usually brings triplets.  Amazing how well she has cared for them especially so far keeping them safe from the Red Foxes~



There may be two sets of triplets.  It's still quite difficult to tell who belongs to who as they will get separated and some of the adults will take up with young ones, while others hoof them and have nothing to do with them.  It is sad, but it makes the young ones try harder to keep up with their mothers~


I got a couple of little fountains that work from the sun's solar energy for out in the little garden area~


Mourning Dove~




Grand-daughter Maci calls this little Fainting Goat Matricia, rather than it's real name of Patricia.  She is hoping that my daughter and her husby will buy it for her ;)


 Another view of the country lane I took one day this past couple of weeks~



The Northern Flicker was on the wrong side of the tree for me to be able to try and get some pictures of it, and I decided to take a few anyway.  They reminded me of those silhouettes that we used to see back in the day~





A Red-tailed Hawk and a Scarecrow in the same field...one posing and one hunting~







This is a Doe that we have been feeding for a few years and my neighbor called her Star.  She either has twins, or triplets.  She can be seen with a single as well as two and three, and she will groom each of them as her own.  Soon we will know for sure which ones are hers...I imagine so anyway~














A fresh from the nest Barn Swallow hoping to get a handout of a juicy insect from one of it's parents.  I adore Swallows~







Then this is one of two that I call Mannie...they look so very much alike and behave similar in that they trust me and come into my yard over the fence and sometimes steal corn out of my buckets ;)  One is smaller than the other and she is this Mannie with twins this year.  The larger Mannie has a single fawn that was born just two weeks ago~







Mannie stops to nurse her twins for a minute.  She is beginning to wean them already at going on two months~



A Brown Thrasher in our garden~


American Goldfinch~


The Red Foxes are still killing off wildlife in our woods and I happened to see this one sneaking around when I was photographing a set of the triplets at the end of our lane one day.  Needless to say after taking the pictures, I clapped my hands and chased the Fox away from the direction of the fawns~



The flower below is on it's final days in this image and it reminded me of out a light goes bright before it dies...this got so vivid in colour before it dropped off of the stem~
A few posies from my neighbors garden below~



15 comments:

  1. I love swallows too Mary and those pictures were so good! Everything is beautiful around you and it is really wonderful to see the baby deer and the ones from last year growing up. Good mother!! I hope Maci gets her fainting goat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, sorry about the blog problems. I always enjoy visiting your blog, your photos are amazing. I love all the deer and sweet fawns. The triplets are adorable. The swallows are a favorite too, they are pretty birds. Your granddaughter is a cutie, I like the photos her and goat mosaic. Great birds and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thank also for the comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of nice shots.

    Swallows sure wear cool expressions well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I SO enjoy looking at your photos. My son in WV said they have baby fawns in the woods near them right now. Enjoy your week sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photo captures of such a great variety of wildlife! I especially enjoyed the ones of the baby barn swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, how sweet those deers! Very nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doves, hawks, & swallows are magnificent Mary! But, this week your deer families steal the show!

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend & thanks for linking in with us at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots of the Swallow, but the pic of the mother and fawn tugs at my heart strings. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you again! AMAZING photos! Wow, those doe and fawn photos blow mine out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, sorry to hear that you are still dealing with computer blog glitches, so frustrating for you. I am amazed at all the deer that wander around your property, ho on earth can you tell which one is which? You must be extremely observant to be able to identify them by name. Love the fluffy little barn swallow, what a demanding chap he looks, I guess they never stop eating at that age? Fingers crossed your GD gets her wish and Matricia finds herself a new home soon.
    Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie and thank you. In a couple of weeks I will be posting more about the White-tailed Deer families that live near us and be able to show a little bit better how I am able to ID some from others. I hope that you have enjoyed a great week. Happy weekend~

      Delete
  11. Oh, Mary! What a gorgeous post ... full of love ... and feathered friends, too! Have a fun filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mary, Wonderful photos of the doe and fawns. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Mary. I just love it all. The lighting on the fawns is simply dazzling. How adorable to capture the Mamas giving the Babies a bath. I think it is so wonderful that you can follow deer over multiple years. What tips do you have for identifying one from another? But the baby swallow stole my heart - so fluffy and precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Angie and thank you. Please forgive me for not being more equipped to reply sooner. In a couple of weeks I will be sharing more about the White-tailed Deer and how I am able to know some of them as well as be able to give them a name to go by. I don't usually do that with critters that I come to care for, but with these it is just so much fun and sometimes they will look towards me when I call their name. Happy weekend dear one~

      Delete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~