Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, March 23, 2018

Wild and Crazy Week for Spring Forward and Arrival~


Wild and crazy week for Spring forward and arrival.  The nation has had so much crazy weather this past several months.  I was told quite some time ago that Kentucky is one of the fastest changing weather states in the USA.  I am beginning to think that is true for the whole country.  
What about where you live outside of the USA? 

Sometimes you just need to be alone, doing something, yet nothing, other than breathing and using your natural senses. Yesterday was touched by the sweetness of talks with old friends, with sharing life, it's difficult moments as well as it's joys. Last evening I was torn as to what I would be doing this morning, and then I tried to sleep, but rest would not come. Laying there trying to figure out my morning and then I knew where I was going...to the Ohio River and I was going to walk the little over two mile walk path from Kentucky over into Indiana. Once before I did it before my knee surgery and I was about to do it again. Done! Taking in lots of fresh air, and quieting the spirit, whew so nice... I needed that. I took in the beauty that was surrounding me and felt the warmth of the sun upon my face, even though my toes were freezing...yikes. Warmed by the walk, by the time I was crossing back over, they were toasty. 
Yes, I talked with Father God too and He gave me newness for the day, the week, that I just craved deep within my soul~


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after    you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
   
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global 
   http://communalglobal.blogspot.ca/

Stewart for:



There was a flock of Wild Turkeys on display and tugboats along the shore~


A touch of HDR to show the colour that I saw as well as the current...an improvement on the otherwise very muddy Ohio River~



Made it, above and below the Indiana side of the river walk~


As I was walking the path back I came upon a gorgeous American Kestrel and snagged a few sweet shots~





The mystery of this beauty is finally answered.  I introduced you to this handsome Friesian gelding two weeks ago.  As many of you know, one of my favorite lanes to drive in Oldham County, is Covered Bridge Road.  I always find wonderful subjects to photograph.  Some of you may even remember the beautiful Icelandic Horses that I have photographed and posted in years past.
Part of that same land belongs to the Aspiring Heights Equestrian Center.  This wonderful facility has plenty of stalls for boarding horses, they also house their own horses that they give riding lessons with, as well as have trail rides. 
So now I can introduce you respectfully to Zeke aka Pedro fan de Klaster. 
Zeke was born in Northern Holland  5 years ago this coming May 14, and was shipped here a year ago this May.  His blessed owner is Elena, who shared with me that Zeke is a "kind hearted horse who loves to flip switches on and off, grab blankets, brushes and pick your pockets for treats."  We have texted each other and will get to meet soon so that I can gift her the photo prints that I have for her.  I took these images the other day while running errands in the city~





The Young Deer and the Little Squirrel~








We had 7" of snow on the first day of Spring and may get more this weekend.
Our land on Tingsgrove~









A wee little butter butt ;) Yellow-rumped Warbler came for suet and kept having territorial disputes with it's own kind will visiting.  It could hear my camera through the glass and I loved watching it try to figure out where the noise was coming from.  
Forsythia and Daffodils in the snow~











 
 The other day on Facebook I watched a video clip on Acrylic Pour Painting and got the desire to try it myself.  It's supposed to look like marbling and is to form large cells.  Well I have since then watched several more video clips and each one is similar, each one is different.  I got the ingredients ordered and then made my first attempt.  It is based on the colours of my Emilio Pucci Braniff International Airlines uniform scarf.  
Pretty yes, but it is not what I was going for.



My second attempt was this one based on the colours found in a male Peacock's feathers.  Well... let's just say that the painting beneath the image below now covers this one.  While it is pretty and two people shared with me that they loved it and thought that it looked like Koi Fish in a pond...the little splats that look like fish was made using a metallic acrylic paint and by the time it dried, the paint had pulled away from the canvas...huge sigh~


I am going to figure this out, you just watch and see ;)  
This is my current challenge, what is something special  you are working on?


The canvas that I did both of the above on, ended up being used to create this painting~




































16 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, we have had a crazy winter. It started off drier than normal and than recently we had a big snow storm. I love your kestrel images. the horses are beautiful. Beautiful snowy winter scenes. Thank you for linking and sharing your post. I also appreciate your visit and comment. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to have a quiet walk! great shots along the Ohio. LOVE the kestrel! And that beautiful horse. All the photos were lovely...those little flashes of bright yellow in the snow, and the snow itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely!
    I've been sketching, just for fun!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Zeke enjoyed posing for you ... my favorite shots are the 'butter butt' with the forsythia and daffodils ... snow has a unique way of bringing out color!

    I continue to work on my set of embroidered tea towels ... not challenging, but I enjoy the relaxation when watching TV - so glad American Idol is back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I love reading your blog. Thank you again for taking pictures of Zeke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanking you so very much Elena. I am so looking forward to meeting you and photographing you and Zeke. Spring is here, now we just need some sunny weather~

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed. Loved the color peeking out of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snow pics and the colorful paintings. The yellow rumped warbler is a beauty, but that Zeke! Oh my! He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanking you Betty. He is gorgeous even when he is running in the dirt, just amazing structure and seemingly wonderful personality~

      Delete
  8. The Kestrel photos are just amazing...love that you caught it's true colors! And I have to take walks by myself sometimes...just for my sanity. Life is complicated and for people that are sensitive (like you and I), it can be difficult to figure out. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know our sensitive spirits well...whoosh, sometimes it just gets so overwhelming and other times it's the most calm. I love just being out in His quiet~

      Delete
  9. You are the most creative person I know -- your pictures and Mosaics are such beautiful works of art -- it would never occur to me that you wanted another outlet for your talents. That painting technique is rather amazing -- and yours look wonderful to me. I'm glad you found the owner of that beautiful horse and can share the portraits you made with her as well as with us.

    It is something special somehow to walk from one state to the other -- we grew up on the border of Washington and Idaho and used to do that often; it was a special thing then, but the walk was never as beautiful as your interstate walk was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you the kindest soul... I love taking the photographs, editing them for a snap of contrast, or cropping, or softness, and then placing many into mosaics, just so that I can fit them in to share. I have this little way of lining them up in my program and then selecting which will sit alone and which will be shared with others. The Waterlogue treatment came from the need for something to do while sitting for appointments which sometimes is long and boring. It's FREE and that's nice too. I haven't been able to meet Alena yet but I hope to as soon as the weather straightens itself out. Zeke is so amazing, and just happens to be a Friesian too, which I think are absolutely stunning! Have a wonderfully blessed Easter if you celebrate the season. Thanking you again for your kindness~

      Delete
  10. Snow on the first day of Spring, that can't be right. Still, it made for some absolutely gorgeous shots and lovely storytelling, too. So happy to hear that you will be meeting up with the horses owner, she will love your photograph gift for certain. At the moment I'm doing dome last minute egg decorating ready for Easter but with so much unpacking still to do from our trip to UK I'm not sure I'll get an Easter tree ready this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh and Easter tree, I had one for years when the girls were growing up and my home is tall, but not a lot of tucking away space, and so I let it go with one of them. I have no adornments left. Easter is such a wonderful season and I hope that if you get your tree adorned, you will share images next week. Soon I hope to meet Alena and gift her with Zeke's photos, but at least in the meantime, we have been in contact a few times since learning who owned him.
      Happy Easter celebrations dear one, sent with hugs~

      Delete
  11. Mary - thanks for visiting my blog today and all your kind comments. Yes, I go to Montana Coffee Traders on a regular basis ... they have great coffee and comfortable chairs! Also, they have a large bulletin board and it's one-stop 'shopping' for all the key events that are going on in town! So glad you know it (and that you have actively supported the Whitefish economy with your savings)!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~