Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, September 23, 2017

Tough Two Weeks, and Special Blessings~


~Crocus Geometer Moth, male~

It's been a tough two weeks, and yet also filled with many blessings.
I don't know about you, but the natural disasters are truly getting to me, as I can only sit back and watch the misery unfold for millions of people.  
Hundreds of thousands of people have just lost everything they had, many of them lost loved ones, many lost their precious children, parents, friends...and all that I can do is allow the many tears to flow.  
I sit and watch and lift thoughts of love for those I do not know, will never know and yet their stories are all a distant part of who we are as human kind.

My daughter and her husband evacuated the Pompano Beach area of Florida on the Tuesday before the major evacuation had begun getting them home and safe with our family members.  They only brought with them what they could put in their Kia. Thankfully they have returned this past Tuesday and they are all OK and doing fine...they are thankful and we are as well.
While they were home we managed to sneak in two surprise birthday parties, one for each of them who have September birthdays and also a family cookout and picnic.
During this time my youngest daughter who had fled Hurricane Irma accompanied me to some appointments that I had. 

The tests are in...not too bad, for going on 70.
The reason for being light headed and short of breath most of the Summer is evidently brought on by stage one (there are four stages) of Diastolic Dysfunction, or rather heart failure.  Mine is all good though, not to worry, other than I need to get stronger.  As many know I have dealt with severe knee pain for a couple of years.  A year ago this past May I had Arthroscopic surgery and instead of repairing the damaged Medical Meniscus, the DR removed two thirds of it,and as a result I have been walking bone on bone ever since.  To strengthen my heart I need to walk more and that won't happen unless I have a partial knee replacement.  Thus said, I am scheduled to have that surgery on October 20 and I am very much looking forward to getting my life back.  This will bring about more mandatory weeks of more physical therapy, but I will be ready.

Take good care of yourselves, be a blessing to others and lift up those who have lost so much~

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
 Linking to I'd Rather B Birdin'

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                              https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


Stewart for:



Surprise birthday party for my son-in-law Matthew~


Cookout and family gathering was great fun~


And yet another surprise birthday party for our daughter Ashleigh~


A Luna Moth nearing the end of the journey~


Most of our Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have now flown South.  We are having a few stragglers that come through every day~









Juvie preening.  I always hope for a good and safe migration for these little beauties.  With the harsh battering of storms, I don't know how they will manage...here is hoping~



Autumnal colours are beginning to show~


We have a new Box Turtle named Crystonia who is two years of age~  


A Stinging Caterpillar~


American Goldfinch~


Baby House Wren~


Great Egret with breakfast fish~


Red-Shouldered Hawk in the rain~




Eastern Red-tailed Hawk~




An interesting image taken down at our creek~


Eastern Red-tailed Hawk~



 .
Another interesting image down at our creek~


Eastern Red-tailed Hawk~





Oh yes and one last interesting image taken down at our creek...I love water reflections~


This Eastern Red-Tailed Hawk and it's past generations of same have enjoyed using this spot to hunt~


Great Blue Lobelia~


Swallows catching insects midair at Fox Hollow Farm~


A Killdeer flies with the Swallows to collect insects as mowers below cut the grass~


A female Spreadwing Damselfly, Common Whitetail Dragonfly, and a Blue Fronted Dancer, I believe, with wildflowers attached beneath~



Mourning Dove~


Pumpkin patch at Anchorage Trail, a sure sign that Autumn is on it's way, in fact today is the first official day of Autumn~


White-Tailed Deer~
A Doe steps a few feet towards me with her twin fawns on the Anchorage Trail last week~  


Jewelweed~
If ever you find yourself in a patch of Poison Ivy this plant is one that you can rub the leaves, and flowers along where you think the Poison Ivy Oils have touched your skin and you may very well not get the rash, or at least a milder case.
The yellow flowers are Partridge Peas~


This doe has raised triplets on the Anchorage Trail~


To the best of my guessing...Crested Iris, Morning Glory and Chicory
and a yelling Blue Jay that is molting~


Oldham County countryside~


I love the colours on this little colt~


At first I only saw this doe and then after walking a few steps I could see her single fawn~


My DR's have said to walk, walk, walk and I do my best.  The morning that I took many of these photos at the Anchorage Trail and on our own Tingsgrove, there was a nice gentle rain falling~


19 comments:

  1. Hello, Mary! I am sorry you are having health problems. I hope you feel better soon. I am also glad your daughter's place in Florida was safe and all is OK. I enjoyed this post and all your beautiful photos. I love the moths and the hummingbirds. The swallows and the deer are pretty. As always, your post is wonderful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some family time among the disasters. Good to try to stay positive.

    Of course I loved all your photos. You boxie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an array of beautiful nature shots and so many beautiful critters ~ !
    So glad your family survived the hurricane and such loving family shots ~ thanks and blessings to you as you move towards knee surgery ~ may it all go well ~ healing hugs to all ~

    ( A ShutterBug Explores)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post, and sharing, is always appreciated. I thank you, Mary, for stopping by and adding your link this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    And....I do hope you feel better soon. I survived a heart attack, and you CAN work with your physician, to heal and become whole again!!!!!!

    Love all the photos once again. That caterpillar in the one larger photo resembles a bird feather [maybe I'm bird brained!!]. The deer, the butterflies, the hawks, why.......even the molting blue jay....all beautiful.

    PS....love the blue sunglasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always amazing gems...treasures each one! I am so happy your daughter and s-i-l were safe during the storm and made it home ok. It's sad to hear about your heart failure Mary. I hope you have a better Fall and Winter. God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an amazing variety of photos this week. I love seeing the family pics and I'm glad you got to spend time with all of them. Glad too that everyone is ok...what a month we've had with one disaster after another. Love seeing the pumpkins growing and the sweet little hummer. Take care of yourself my friend. Lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that corrective knee surgery is in your near future, there will be no stopping you once you've got a new knee! How lovely to have your daughter & her husband safe at home with you during Irma and the aftermath, so pleased to know that all is well down there for them. Spending quality family time together and celebrating birthdays must have filled your heart.
    Almost forgot to mention the photographs! Ha!
    Fab mosaics as always, seeing Tingsgrove through your lens is always a treat and the fawns, mustn't forget them, how beautiful they all are.
    Have a great week, dear lady
    Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! my favourites are the moths. Happy Monday, Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. There has certainly been a lot of tragedy happening around the world. I don't know how people are coping with that serious of hurricanes! I am so glad to hear your family are safe and well. I am so sorry Mary to hear about your continued health issues, and all I can pray is for better health for you. In the meantime, hang onto the joys that surround you in your life. Take care. Hugs from over here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mary, I'm glad your family escaped damage from the hurricanes. It has been a tragic season for so many. How great to enjoy some family times with them.
    Your birds shots are astounding, as always; a pleasure to see them. I hope your knee replacement goes well and that you will gain strength once again. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There have been many catastrophic events due to the change of climate patterns becoming more extremes. Nice to know you could have family reunion. Nature can be cruel sometimes but benevolent. When immersed in the nature you showed us, my thoughts would fly away from the disasters. Thank you for your visit. Regarding your comment, the Longhorn Beetle is a real one.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great time with the family. The birds are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello. Great serie of birds. I love hummingbirds. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Anchorage trail is a piece of heaven right there Mary -- such beautiful pictures; they make me feel as if I were walking with you (and seeing more than I would if I actually walked it without you as a guide!)

    I'm so glad your family is OK from Irma and that all was well when they got home. I felt the same as you -- happy that our tiny cottage and the people we know are all OK, but watching from afar and feeling so sad for those who were not so fortunate. (And wondering what will happen next.) .... Best wishes on the knee replacement, which I am sure will go well and as you say help to improve the other health problem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow there was a lot to see here. Great shots of the different birds. The hummingbirds are so cute, gorgeous shots of the Hawks & I enjoyed the other critters like the deer & the turtles. - It was a pleasure to stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary - you have a lot going on in your life, and yet you take the time to prepare such a lovely post. What a blessing you are - we will be praying for a successful knee surgery and that it in turn leads to improved health condition. I love all of your pictures - my favorites are the unique shots at your creek. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you well. Glad your daughter's home is ok in Florida. I know you enjoyed having family with you. Amazing wildlife images... so many different ones! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mary. While in Greece I was so pleased to receive your message but with just a phone could only now and back home in England return to visit your blog.

    Good to hear that your loved ones returned safely from Florida. It, and Texas, was most distressing to see on our TV so many helpless miles away. I was very struck by those beautiful moths you picture, especially the first with such a wonderful name. I can’t imagine having a stinging caterpillar. I just pick them up and return them to safety when I see them crossing a road.

    Great pictures of the Red-tail – truly a red tail there. You have a wonderful variety of birds, bugs and animals where you live. It must be so fascinating at so many times of the year. And now it’s pumpkin season? How time flies.

    Back home now and sorting through my pictures of Greece where it was too hot and clear for many birds but a wonderful time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great set of pictures. Sorry to hear about the continued health issues - but I think that getting the knee sorted will help in lots of other ways as well.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~