Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, April 4, 2016

Living Life, That's the Plan~



Sunrise over Fox Hollow Farm~
Happy Monday, Happy Week!!!

Not a lot happening this past week.  
Icing on both knees seems the norm, but I did happen on a great find, a knee wrap that you can either ice up the two packs that come with it, or warm them and then you can also walk around while wearing it...
Still trying my best not to have to have surgery!!!
My smile, my good spirit, my outlook on life, all very positive, even with the trials of getting older...ha-ha huge sigh.  I really don't mind, just wish it didn't always hurt so much.
Do you have knee pain, what do you do to manage it?  


Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I will be linking up with Judith for:

www.lavendercottagegardening.com

&

Stewart for:
   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/



Only one walk away from the neighborhood last week.  Mallard Duck, and Canada Goose at the Anchorage Trail~



Red-winged Blackbird, Downy Woodpecker, Mourning Dove, Tree Swallow...love those guys, and a Common Grackle~






My Double Blossom Daffodils, or are they Jonquils...huge sigh~ ;)


From the car...a Red-Shouldered Hawk snagged a Crayfish~




The female local Red-Shouldered Hawk.  They have lost their eggs this years first attempt, due to a pesky, naughty Raccoon~



I just about trashed this image, but it had good bones, and so I used the pencil sketch editing tool and a shot at contrast to save it and share it~






The hen above ponders her next move, as the male below brings in a frog to feed her... an offering for not keeping her eggs safe...not that either of them could have done anything about the situation.  They could be injured trying to save eggs, or young when a Raccoon comes to visit~



A drive around horse country here, always is sweet~



These Wild Turkeys were pretty far from my car, but I got a few nice shares.  Love this time of year, when the big displays begin~







"Take me out to the ball game,

Take me out with the crowd;
Just buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, 

At the old ball game".

My grandson Thomas opted for a cheeseburger between two glazed donuts...he enjoyed every bite~


Grand-daughter Maci... "Nana, did you get this for me ;)"


Our Meaka, staying close to garden hate, as she does't like the chase much any more~



Our Silveit, looking rather regal, staring at two Squirrels on the other side of the fence~



Another day, sitting in the car with the window down, a lone Turkey Vulture~




Sunrise~


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful week (if you ignore the knee pain ). Hope you feel better soon... I'm about the only person in my water aerobics class that does not have knee scars from surgery. The rest of me is wearing out though ;)). Love the perching and tree clinging birds and your hawk shots are superb ...especially in flight, but I always like seeing them at lunch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, gorgeous sky captures. I just love your dogs. The flowers and birds are beautiful. The swallows and hawk shots are some of my favorites. I hope you knee feels better. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bird photos, handsome dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely shots. I love the pups, and the sunrise shots is wonderful. I rarely get my butt out of bed to get that shot *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! Lots and lots of critters, so lovely to observe them... It's for sure an amazing place to live, to have a walk! I love that path in picture no.4 and the turkey in 28. But, all the critters, the aspects captured are stunning; for sure, a delight for soul! Warm greetings and wishes of good health to you! best regards in April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary. I'm sorry your knees are bothering you so much. I have also had knee problems in the past and had physiotherapy and exercises to do at home which helped. It seems my pain issues kind of travel around my body the past few years - from one knee to the other, one shoulder to the other and then the hip - all age related of course. Your photos are beautiful as always...such fabulous animal and bird sightings. Take care and I hope you have a lovely week. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! The photos of the hawk in flight are amazing. It sure is hard to keep your camera on a bird overhead! My husband has pain in his joints but he exercises regularly and takes vitamins. He wants to avoid surgery in his knees too. We've heard of too many people that the surgery made it worse. I hope the ice packs help my friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you're certainly living life to the full Mary - what a wonderful mellee of pictures today. Those Wild Turkey are just so much fun with huge spread tails. Which female could resist such a display?

    I have pain this week from my intermittent gout in the big toe. A source of humour I know to those who have not suffered from the complaint - but hey! Keep taking the tablets.

    I tried before to put you on track but as our 7 year anniversary is close, here you are. Have fun, and as you say - stick to your excellent plan.

    http://www.birdingisfun.com/2010/12/birder-profile-phil-slade.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh!!!and oh! Mary.
    Such a beautiful sunrise and various birds! Your dog is so cool.The hawk soaring high in the sky is just gorgeous!Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I feel your pain....both my knees are giving me problems as I try to do a little gardening....not fun. But your images are stunning as always...and bring such peace and beauty to me! Thank you Mary!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't been by in a while. Beautiful post as always. I can emphasis with your knee pain. I am 78 and have had store bought knees (Md's term LOL) for 14 years. They want you to wait as long as you can as some implants will wear out in about 15 to 20 years. That was one the case. I am doing great with mine. No climbing fences, however, to get good shots of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of beautiful pictures, I spesialy like the pictures of the Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have an uncanny knack to catch birds with caught food in their beaks or claws. Poor froggy...
    My hubby had meniscal repair last year on his knee as I did but his has deteriorated even further from arthritis and he needs a new knee now. He is wearing a brace but is in pain day and night, often the pain killers don't work. There are so many people ahead of him for the same surgery, some who are bedridden until it is done. Surgery for him likely won't be until late this year or even next. The new ice/heat pack you purchased sounds good, we at least have a hot tub and it helps relieve his pain temporarily.
    It sounds like you may need something done eventually Mary, the joys of getting older isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy your bird photos; this I like the horses, but the turkeys are pretty cool, too. While I have a plethora of pains, and sometime knee pain, but not chronic pain as you suffer. I wish I could offer some advice. I use Advil, sparingly, for severe aches. I hope the icing works and the you find good remedy.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~