Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, December 8, 2012

Could Have Easily Been Deleted~



An update...it has been a very, very long week!
Thank you so very much for your very kind expressions made this week on my 
Wildbird Wednesday post. 
 
Our daughter Brittany, momma to our newest family addition of Maci, has been in the hospital since Sunday and there is no indication as to when she may get to go home.
Brittany continues to run a fever, even while being on 4 antibiotics.  She went into Pneumonia later in the week.  She has also developed Thrush, thanks to those antibiotics being used.  They are not able to wean her off of either of her 2 heavy duty pain medications yet, as her heart rate increases and blood pressure sky rockets if she goes too long beyond time needed to receive. Add to that, she has developed fluid around her lungs and heart and her heart is slightly enlarged, and so they need to get a Cardiologist team in to do an Echo-Cardiogram and of course...it is the weekend.  The team will send someone in to see Brittany today, but no test can be done until Monday. 
Dad...my precious father-in-law is also still in the hospital, but will be moved today, if not late yesterday to a nursing home, until he can rehab and then return home.  He suffered a brain hemorrhage Sunday morning, when he fell at church.
The images shared here, are simply some that I took from a very fast moving vehicle, as we made our way from Kentucky to New Mexico in late September.  I could have so easily deleted them, but had nothing new from my laptop computer...need to get some free time to get on desktop, where my program is.
I hope that everything is well in your world and that you have a very safe and satisfying weekend.  
I am missing so many of you and your entries, but I promise to catch up very soon! 
Mary
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Mary, I am so very sorry to hear that Brittany is so ill in the hospital. I will keep her in prayer for complete healing so she may be able to be home with her newborn. God bless you all. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the perch on the windmill. :)

    i am SO sorry to hear of your daughter's continued troubles! i know you must be beyond worry at this point. may the doctors find the best way to treat her and bring her back to health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that about your daughter and FIL! I pray they'll both recover and be back in full health soon!

    You certainly see a lot of hawks! I rarely see them, much less get photos. I love the one on the fence post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health troubles. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Nice Hawk photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lord, please help Brittany to get well soon, my prayer for her.
    Our oldest son went through West Nile Meningitis earlier this year, a newly wed and 30 years old. Antibiotics do not help West Nile, it has to run its course.
    Also, we had an older friend, 75, a dad to 8 children, who also contracted West Nile Virus. Because they used an I.V. to keep him hydrated it CAUSED him to get pneumonia, he was TOO hydrated. He also had a separate infection and was on antibiotics and also had a bad reaction to one or two of them.
    Hospitals can be a blessing and a curse. Our bodies are such fragile things, yet wonderfully made. Too many antibiotics can cause the immune system to 'turn' and fight the body's own defense system. Do a search on Taurine and l-arginine. Here is an informative link: http://intl.elsevierhealth.com/journals/mehy
    May Brittany recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong Mary. Things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary, my heart feels for you and your daughter, new-born and father-in-law and your family. I will send my prayers your way.
    Be strong, and hold onto hope, through love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, I'm sorry about all the stress in your life right now, hope everyone starts to get well and feel better asap, happy thoughts to you and your family. I like the all your raptor shots ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about what your family is suffering, and you along with them. They'll be in my prayers, and I'll be praying that in the midst of these shadows, you'll continue to feel the light of God's presence.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~