Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Parks~



My laptop computer has been broken since the third day of our journey and is now in the shoppe, awaiting repairs.  My husby also uses the desk top computer and so I must be patient and await my turn at using it...oh what did we do before these computers anyway...
Once again, I must apologize for not making many visits to your blogs, but that shall hopefully soon be rectified...I miss each of you very much, when I cannot get to you in this lovely fashion.

In the meantime, I have been busy, busy catching up on laundry after 17 days away, and all of the yard work that needs to be taken care of, before our first freezing temperatures hit home.
 
I do not know about you, but we have all kinds of potted plants that need to either be placed in the ground, or brought into our home for the winter months.  I also am a seed collector and have begun doing my fall planting...though I am not sure why I bother, for the little rodent friends make nice meals of most of them every season. 

We had a very nice journey and in this post I will share a few images of the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Parks.  I took all images shared in this post from the car window. 
The Red-tailed Hawk flight images were taken through the windshield/windscreen as my husby drove 65 to 75 mph. 
The hawk on the fence post was taken through the passenger window, while going the same speeds~


Happy Weekend
Happy Monday
Happy Week
May you be blessed, as well as make it a blessing too~
 


Small pockets of flowers brighten up the otherwise stark colours of the desert life~
 


Images above and below are from the Painted Desert.  The 2 parks loop tour together as one~


Little pockets of Sunflowers were most evident in the desert scenery, for adding in splashes of colour~
 


The Petrified Forest was really an interesting place to view, after hearing about it for so much of my life~ 


I first saw Indian Paintbrush last year in Glacier National Park...what a lovely shade of red they were too~
 
 
 



I am linking up with Stewart at:


Wild Bird Wednesday


 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I saw more Red-tailed Hawks then other species, but that was fine, just had to capture them, while driving by, otherwise, we would still be gone, for there are so many more out west, then here~
 
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. the color of the earth and the petrified forest is just beautiful, nicely accessorized by the blooms.

    really sorry about your laptop. hope it is well again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great images that you made, and, how are your ailments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just can't pick a fav. so great. love the vibrant colors. enjoy your week. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will get your computer quickly. I just got my lens and camera this week, back from 3 weeks of repair and I felt lonely ;-)
    Looks like you enjoyed your trip and I did too with these magnificent pictures... Wonderful landscape and nature view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such beauty! Thank you so much for sharing. Love the Indian Paintbrush!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! Beautiful photos of a beautiful place you visit this past 2 weeks !! Thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shots of the lansdscape there Mary, pictures which now make it obvious why it is called the Painted Desert. That husby of your needs to slow down a bit though making you shoot while at 60/70mph! It makes me think of our holidays when we rarely arrive anywhere because as the driver and the birder I just keep stopping to take pictures or look for birds on each and every journey. All that washing from 2+ weeks away rings a bell too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Years ago...when my kids were growing up we lived in Northern New Mexico and visited these parks regularly. But it still amazes me to see our photos. The petrified forest has to be seen in person to really get the scope of it, as well as the Painted desert. I would love to go back some day...with the camera I have now! Welcome home! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great series of photos. The desert scenery is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an interesting landscape and I didn't there was a coloured desert!
    Really nice photos of all kind and I like your hawks of course!
    Welcome home again, hope you will have your computer back quickly.
    Greetings Pia in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful series! What a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of shots! I'm in the middle of planning a trip to some of the desert areas of Australia - so I hope I can find landscapes a little like these!

    Thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi again Mary!
    Thanks for your comment! Have you not seen you can translate my blog to your language? I put the link on top now, so noone will miss the Google Translator. It's not perfect, but sometimes it helps!
    You're welcome again! :) /Pia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! So much beauty in one post, Mary! The scenery, the birds, the wildflowers... all so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the trip through this beautiful place Mary. Your images are truly inspiring. I need to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous landscape - the colours are beautiful and I'm amazed at how many flowers and plants are thriving there. What a fantastic place to visit - thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had a gorgeous trip! And you took beautiful pictures -- the colors are just wonderful in that part of the country. I'm more familiar with Indian Paintbrush than you are, but still when I see it I can't stop taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos amazing landscape.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~