Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, October 19, 2012

And the Rains Came a Tumbling Down~

 


 An early morning rain, just before colours began to change.  
These were taken the middle of September, and I nearly forgot to share them. 
Had them in draft mode, so that I could share while we were on holiday and then my laptop gave up it's power cord and that was that;'(~

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend, stay safe and take care~


 I see this Red-tailed Hawk, or it's mate often, hunting from this same wire~
 
 
 


Rain, rain, rain, life giving rains came~
 
 


Can you see the 2 horses through the raindrops;)~
 
 


 Hermitage Farms is about 15 miles from my home.  
Queen Elizabeth has spent some nice stays at this farm in years past~
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. lovely horse country - even when it is soggy.

    the thistles are especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the rain but I like your rain and raindrop shots Mary. It's useful for photgraphs when birds of prey often use the same spots to hang out - I often sit out of sight and wait for them to appear. Sometimes it works, like your picture there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots, Mary! Good looking horse farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avesome photo's - I love them all!

    Greetings from Denmark
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots, Mary. The rain does give a fresh sparkle to everything, particularly when the sun shines soon after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A long and very pleasant post Mary. Wonderful pictures of farms, landscape and birdies ;-) Love the rain picture thought, even if it was probably not funny for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, these are all so beautiful; I'm so glad you located them. I love your photo of that broken down gate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful photos. Love the ones of the thistles and the other flowers and grasses. Rain coming for us for the weekend. ;( I hope you have a sunny one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the pictures of the grass - I keep meaning to do some form of series based just around these often overlooked plants - well thats the plan anyway!

    There are places in Queensland where you can feed these Lorikeets in the wild - I've seem pictures of people with dozens of the birds sat on them - remarkable really.

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfull reflectgions and pictures. I enjoyed coming across you blog...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful post .... that first shot had my heart skipping!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~