Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just Sweet Simple Pleasures~

As mentioned in previous posts, for several years back in the late 1970, and 80's I did wildlife rehab and release.  Our program began with Birds of Prey and then eventually moved in the direction of small mammals.  Some of those were Opossums and many would say, what are they worth...but I am here to vouch for the fact they can be quite great little chaps.
When you hold a handful of pinkies in your hand and they are so helpless, you tend to grow fond of them and you desire them to thrive and with tender care, they mostly will manage to do just that.  They can be remarkably sweet, they are shy, they only show their teeth when they feel threatened and will run in the opposite direction to get away...fast.

When you view this, it shall have been posted and saved to share while I am away.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I shall be missing you until my return the first week in October~

 
 
 
 




 Below is the yearling from last season~
 
 
 


I have wondered if this young yearling doe may be the momma of the fawn that I cared for...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots. I think all critters have a place nasty or nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable critters. love all the fence shots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post - wonderful collages! I really like that last one where's peeking through the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What priceless possums, Mary, and all of it. Thanks, so, for sharing the beauty that surrounds you. We'll miss you, and hope you're thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!! The baby opossums with mother is so cute !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those Opossums are just the cutest little things - and your photos are stunning. Beautiful mosaics and wonderful wildlife - a real pleasure to visit - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see your fine pictures of Opossums Mary - It's not an animal that seems to feature on blogs etc. Love the deer collages too. Have a great break and come back refreshed and with lots of pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss you, too! But love seeing your beautiful photos! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great serie Mary, those opossums are so cute. We don't have them up here! The rest of the serie is also quite charming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the opossums, Mary, and the deer as well. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~