Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Turkey Eating Snake~

Since we have plenty of wild turkeys where we live, I was not particularly so interested in taking any more images of them on this holiday journey. We saw dozens of them along side and crossing roadways. And then there she was...a hen Turkey getting ready to cross the road and then she dropped something and quickly picked it up and then ran to catch up with the other hens. What she had was a green snake and that was when I realized, I had no idea that Turkeys do indeed eat snakes. That is not all, they also eat lizards, frogs, worms and other fine delicacies...yeah~














This young Elk calf and it's mother ate in sweet contentment, yet soon things would change, for the bull Elks were bugling in the deep woods near by~

A frosty morn~











Where our lodging had been at Yellowstone.  Heading northeast to the Black Hills next~Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Wow I did not know that turkey could eat snake! Very impressive... This post is wonderful Marry... I love the big horny guy and the elk, but the landscape are also beautiful!! I wonder if I will see them one day... Thanks for making discover this area with these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by your Turkey eating snake Mary - looks like she has done it before. People all over the world eat snakes (not me) so why not a turkey? Sure puts a whole new slant on the phrase "a square meal", more like "a long sitting".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture..the turkey with the snake... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Fantastic shots!! I love them all! :) The elk seems quite different from the elks in my country.. Fun to see! What lovely she is and the elk calf! And such great shots of the turkey! ....eating snakes?! I too didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so great! The turkey with the snake - what a cool thing to catch with the camera, awesome! Love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~