Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Country Lanes Make Me Happy~

I invite you to check out more 'Skywatch Friday' posts from around the world at:

http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Is it my old age ;), or did I always feel this way...yes, I do believe that I have always felt this way...country lanes make me happy!  It does not matter if I travel alone, with family, with friends, as long as I have my camera along and my car does not break down, or have a flat tire, I am very happy.  It is not just wildlife that I enjoy, but the simplicity of the countryside.  The wildness tamed only by fence rows, and at least 4 times a year, the high grasses are mowed, and other than the changes of the seasons, they remain unchanged year after year.  The skies above do change and are never duplicated, and they give off moods that deliver to the person whom takes them in, reason to delight in what they observe~




17 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming of the fence posts, very tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those good thinking pictures Mary - pictures of fence posts to some folk, but boy do they tell a story of the countryside to those who love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really speak to a country girl's heart.
    Beautiful!
    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collection of images, wildflowers bloom are a delightful thing to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such peaceful skies and lovely captures as always, Mary! Happy SWF! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So agree: these little scenes are very cheery. I have fields all around and always enjoy bits of saggy barbed wire.{Except when I want to climb over them :-)]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite! :-)

    Is it wild chicory that is blooming around the fence post (the little blue flowers)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure you weren’t in my Rockbridge County, VA, shooting these photos. I know they were from just down our country road...LOL Those fenceposts with the flowering weeds in front of them are pictures I shoot all the time. You and I could create a really cool book by pooling our photos. Love the post. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are beautiful photos, especially the fence post with tiny purple flowers. brilliant shots! i adore country roads, too. my friends say that as soon as i see the first cow by the road, i relax.:p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ♥ I love the calm feeling of these images Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the very kind comments. Yes, Merisi, you are correct, the periwinkle blue flowers are indeed Chickory. They grow along many of the country lanes and interstates during the long hot summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every picture tells a story ... peaceful appreciation of the countryside.
    Have a great weekend Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightful post, love the chicoria on the fence post I too love country lanes . . .

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~