Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, July 2, 2011

Calling in the Young Ones~

Hoping that everyone is enjoying a delightful weekend.  It has been kind of a let down for us, following the festivities of last week and our family day celebration. 

Eastern Meadowlarks are for me a challenge to photograph, for they are always on the go, and there are none where I live, so I must drive a distance to locate one and when I do and get my camera lens pointed and set just so, off they go.  Aaaah, yet this one appeared to be a little franctic, as it called over and over again for a young one to come for supper.  It flew from wire to wire calling, but I finally had to depart before I ever got to see if anyone showed up.  Kind of like inviting family, or friends over for dinner and then they either are a no-show, or they cancel out on you and there you are left with the provisions~








5 comments:

  1. Great captures Mary. Love This beautiful parent carrying food to the family.
    And love your banner also.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eastern Meadowlark is difficult to film, and you got it. It's a bit difficult to us, (the Skylark), it's always singing but hard to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are most precious images!

    With my 200mm lens, I hardly ever get close enough to capture a decent bird picture. And then, it takes a patient and knowledgeable observer like yourself to find a rare bird.

    Happy Fourth of July,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !! Very good shots at the right time !
    Very interesting !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures of the Meadowlark Mary. It looks like that bird had a nest full of youngsters very close by and was reluctant to show you where they were. From the size of the food items those young must be quite big. Hope you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~