Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, July 15, 2011

Along the Fence Row~

No matter where you drive in my part of the country, you will no doubt see long runs of
creosoted fence rows. Early morning and a drive out to visit one of our daughters with my oldest grandson Thomas we had seen the man riding with his face covered before. Thomas said "Nana, look, it's a masked bandit". Well, I doubt he is a masked bandit, when I have seen this gentleman, he rides early and always with a kerchief over his face, may have allergies, or something, but he always seems to be enjoying himself, even without being able to view his face. He just waves and rides along.

The doll was placed up on a fence post, presumably dropped out of a car window, by a small child, hope they find where the horseman has left this.


Young Barn Swallow fledglings perched along the fence line and awaited their parents to bring a meal, and would feed them in mid air. My captures of the mid flight meal serving turned out quite miserable, so none to show;(


A little further down, we came upon the Eastern Kingbird and the Red-headed Woodpecker, both also great insect eating birds. Thomas also liked the Red-headed Woodpecker... "the very best" on this drive back home. He always knows that when we travel by car, I will take the back roads and will always be ready for a photography opportunities~









6 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Mary, especially the Red-headed Woodpecker, beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, Mary! I loved Red-headed Woodpeckers and the juvie swallow is adorable. Great country side shot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic series!
    Was already smiling when I got to the little doll, where I burst out laughing.
    Hilarious! :-)

    A wonderful weekend to you,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary. Keeping your eyes open for birds on fence posts is such a good idea as your pictures show and it's amazing how many good pictures can be had by waiting at popular spots. I last saw that guy on the horse in a Western movie about twenty years ago, still at least he waves to you. Have a good weekend now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures....espectaculares imagenes un saludos desde las islas Canarias

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series of photos, love the juvie swallow and the redhead woodie.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~