Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Fawn Slips Through Woven Wire Opening~

This afternoon while checking on the Red-shouldered Hawk nest, I was walking across a small walk bridge, when I must have startled this tiny fawn.  It started running at first toward the highway and I blocked that from happening.  It then ran toward the woven wire fence and was trying to get through, when all of a sudden, that is exactly what it did.  Just think about it though, it is a brand new fawn and the birth canal would have been just about the same size~
 












 

9 comments:

  1. What a cutie, great shot'S and great encouter!" Wow i can't beleive he went trough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fawn is absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful little creature you found Mary. You got some superb pictures because I know how fast deer can run off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mary! These moments are so precious. You may have another encounter with this fawn . . . for their mother must have left it in what she considered a safe place. I had two fawns napping in the garden one day and walked around with them before they settled back down and went to sleep again . . . until their mom showed up and they nursed. You may be lucky to see that too! I hope so. Fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowww awesome captures :D
    brilliant :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joy to see,these are superb images.
    What a fantastic treat.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post and very very very nice encounter. Wonderful collection of pictures Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Even though I have deer every day in the backyard, I rarely see them this young. I'm catching up on my blog reading, and read that this little one didn't make it. That makes me sad. I know it's nature's way, but it still saddens me.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~