Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, April 23, 2011

Changing of the Guard~

Happy Easter ~ Happy Spring ~

I hope that whatever plans you have, that whether you celebrate Easter, or celebrate spring, or both, that you shall have a blessed day~

The hawks have not been doing much more the past month, other than taking turns brooding the eggs and taking turns hunting. We have had some absolutely awful downpours, tornado strength winds, tornado warnings, and flooding to name a bit of our weather as of late. It has now been two full days since I was able to observe the hawks. With all of the bad weather, I have no idea how the nest has held up, but it must be really very soggy and I do worry about it holding together, for as I have already mentioned, it is a pretty pitifully built nest. Monday, I shall post a series of images that shall be titled...Close Encounters of the Hawk Kind...

This series shows the female flying to the nest and then the male leaving from the left side~
















1 comment:

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~