Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thinking This May be 2010 Young One~

It has been months since I have gotten any images of the single young hawk raised behind our property last season, even though I will see it in flight, or hear it.  Last week after a light snow had fallen, I could see it, though it was pretty far back in the woods.  It turned a little, enough to tell that it was certainly not one of the adult parent hawks.  Thus, I am thinking that this is the young one and it seems to be thriving very well. Crows have been in the area past couple of days, bugging the heck out of the hawks and I know that soon breeding season shall begin, and the young one will most assuredly be sent on it's way.  It will not breed until it's second year~










2 comments:

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~