Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, November 19, 2010

So...Were You Planning on Filling This Feeder...

I was most certainly getting the look and the feel from this little female Downey that dinner needed to be served.  What she did not evidently know was that I had just finished filling the other feeders and her favorite feeding station was going to stay empty until I could get to the market.  She later decided to traverse fifteen to twenty feet and grabbed a snack from one of the other feeders.  They always make such a mess anyway, picking out the seed they are not so fond of, dropping it on the ground and then finally locating what they like, dashing of to a tree branch to either hide it, or crack it open and then back again... It is nice the way it all works out though, then the ground birds can have their snacks as well~




2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful creatures, and the photos are extremely good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny, they do tend to be picky! The black background makes those image special! Have a great day Mary!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~