Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sunrise Over Foggy Meadow~













Be sure to check out more 'Skywatch Friday' posts from around the world at: http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Three to four mornings a week, I like to drive to a nearby pathway and then walk three miles.  I have seen many sunrises there.  Yesterday morning when I arrived, I saw a glimpse of a Red-tailed hawk chase after a cottontail rabbit.  The hawk missed the rabbit, so I went into the tall grass a bit to try and get some images, but I missed also...lucky little cottontail.  As I turned around to get back on the path, I saw this meadow shrouded in a blanket of fog with the sun coming in from the left, it made the scene look almost surreal.  All that was missing was a large stag standing on the other side...funny thing is I saw an 8 pointer and got some long-shots of it a few minutes later down the pathway~





13 comments:

  1. Lovely, mysterious looking captures for the day! I love them! Hope you have a great weekend, Mary!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your morning sunrise is beautiful. It looks like it belongs in a fairy tale book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I love the fog you have captured between the trees:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty as a painting views from there, how lucky for you to be out there to see the moment unvieling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel magic in your photos...as if fairies are about to peek out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these shots of the sun rays and fog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fog has so many moods and often can transport one into faerieland with a single sunbeam. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fog made the views so magical! Soft and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful SkyWatch photos
    thanks for your comment an my Blog

    Happy SWF! Have a nice weekend,

    Regards, Bram

    My SkyWatch on WordPress

    Seen on Sky Watch Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Misty mornings are wonderful - they add an air of mystery to the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Should be on a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the early mornings! Beautiful photo~!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful to see the sunrise in such a view! The forest looks so soft to me.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~