Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, August 2, 2010

An Awesome Chance Encounter~





















On Sunday morning before church, I made a quick stop at a market in Louisville. It was about 7 minutes before they were to open and so I waited in the coolness of the car. While sitting there, I kept hearing the sound of a hawk and it was really close by. I looked out the windows, but could not see it. Then at 8:00 when the market doors opened, I opened my car door, and there right at the entrance to the store was a young Cooper's Hawk. There was a concrete barrier with a stop sign on it and that had been the only thing blocking my view. Can you imagine how many snaps I could have taken in 7 minutes ;) It flew a short distance when I approached the doors. I grabbed my camera ( it is always with me ) and walked across the lane where it was under some bushes. It would run beneath the bushes sort of like a Roadrunner and then jump into the bush and then with empty talons, it would drop back down to the ground again. It did this several times without success and then flew up into a nearby tree. After that, it flew to a nearby utility pole and then finally off to another shaded area that was whispering songbird food~

1 comment:

  1. Great photos of this young hawk! How exciting to capture in so many poses! The light was so good also. I especially like the third shot.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~