Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, May 7, 2010

The female as I have said before, seems to some way know me, she tolerates my presence, but she also warns me when she has had enough and I retreat ever so cautiously~

Today marks twenty-one days since the female hawk began brooding and I am so thankful, for every day without anything to interfere, makes it seem possible that we can have a good season. The female as I have said before, seems to some way know me, she tolerates my presence, but she also warns me when she has had enough and I retreat ever so cautiously. The male has been spending a lot more time during the early afternoon, helping the female watch over the nest and he can be quick to flight and while he does not usually yell, as she does, he lets it be known he is watching. In these images, the female saw me getting near the nest site. She had been perched behind where she usually is and flew up behind me after cleaning her beak, letting out a single yell before flying right up above me, following her meal. I love the ones where she seems to be looking right at me, however in these, I never felt threatened. I know what she looks like when she is not a happy raptor and I know when to retreat~

3 comments:

  1. Your profile photo is so beautiful. It will be great if you use it as a header photo as it is bound to attract lots of attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos.
    I hope your weather isn't like ours this week-end. It is terribly windy, and I fear for any nests.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so great she lets you get so close while observing her. I had a juvie red-tailed in my parents yard about 4-5 years ago that a few times allowed me to come within 6 feet of it, i'll never forget that. He was completely healthy, just checking me out. I'm glad you pair is doing well!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~