Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Monday, April 26, 2010

I turn over the earth to place into it new plant life, sometimes, I shall also turn over a heap with a Salamander in it~

As often happens this time of year, as I turn over the earth to place into it new plant life, sometimes, I shall also turn over a heap with a Salamander in it. This happened twice the other day. We have in KY, several varieties, this being a Smallmouthed Mole Salamander. Along with turning out two of these little chaps, I also flushed out a Chipmunk that just had to be admired before fleeing down into it's tunnel~

2 comments:

  1. love these photos! Finding salamanders is fun :) We went salamander searching last weekend and saw i think 4 different species, fun stuff! that chippy is adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mary,
    That's a nice post with very cute animals from the salamander to the chipmunk (which I love a lot)... I love your last picture a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~