Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, April 16, 2010

The Crow went to a large Oak tree, walked around the tree and would make little piles of moss, and then went back and collected all of it in one big mouth full~

While visiting in the city, I heard the loud voice of the Crow, and went about seeing what it was up to.  There is a huge Holly tree in the friend's front yard and the Crow would fly down to the ground and collect soft mosses to line it's nest with.  I even watched it as it went to a large Oak tree, walked around the tree and would make little piles of moss, and then went back and collected all of it in one big mouth full. They are such wonderful birds to observe, and way too smart~

2 comments:

  1. Wish i was witnessing this myself.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great, especially that first one. Nice action shot! Very cool. I saw some nice courtship behavior yesterday from a couple different ravens. Really neat to watch!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~