Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Friday, March 19, 2010

The female could still abandon the nest if she has not heard the sound of the chicks from within the egg shell~

Last evening my friend and neighbor Judy and I once again penned the trees of the nest tree and any other tree that has any limbs that touch the branches of the nest tree. We do this under the cover of darkness, so as not to disturb the hawk if at all possible. This afternoon, I went to take photographs to share of the trees as well as the nest, when all of a sudden a meal was being brought to the female...I was caught and stuck in silence and clicked a few photographs, but was a bit shaky, as I did not want to disturb them just yet. The female could still abandon the nest if she has not heard the sound of the chicks from within the egg shell. It is still a bit soon for her to do that, so any disturbance could present a problem to these highly sensitive birds, when it comes to human encroachment~
*NOTE: Top four entries are of the male, and the others, other than the two together are of the female~

3 comments:

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~