Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, February 18, 2010

Between the Red-bellied Woodpecker and the Mockingbird...grrrr~

Day before yesterday, I thought that I saw an old friend, the Yellow-shafted Flicker under our picnic table, grabbing a nibble of seed. Then yesterday, I happened to look out and it was back, having a little bit of the leftovers. It flew to a nearby tree, and was just resting a bit, when out of nowhere it seemed, came a Red-bellied Woodpecker and frightened the Flicker away...Between the Red-bellied-Woodpecker and the Mockingbird...grrrr~

4 comments:

  1. That's very interesting as I recall a flicker is a bit bigger than a sapsucker and might stand its ground. Nice photos. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Wonderful bird.I have never seen such birds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous post! This is a pretty bird, I've seen it on some blog and it looks magnificent, but with the snow around!! That's a plus and your pictures are stunning....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell them there is plenty for all.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~